Thursday, January 13, 2011

A 7 min. summary...

...it's 7mins to 10:30 pm and the Ubud juice bar is about to close, but I feel that it's been way too long since I've written something, so this random summary will have to do... pictures later people... sorry.

So we got to Ubud and spent 3 days immersing ourselves in traditional dance, puppet theater, and other theatrical performances every night and spent a day with a rented car and driver taking us around to silver smithing factories, wood carving, the Bali Bird park and the famous temple by the sea, Tanah Lot. These were all fun (ok the Bird park was the best part! ...and I could of done without the industry tours really) but by the end of it when we were about to rent another car and driver to take us across the island to the far northwest part of the island (for killer diving) we decided to change plans the day before and spontaneously ditch half of our things in Ubud, take 1 backpack and 2 people and have some freedom from drivers and tours for once. Skeptical and scared at first I shortly realize... this was the best decision we could of made during the whole trip!


Oliver and I really don't like organized tours...actually we kinda despise them. So the most exciting and liberating thing and REAL thing was for us to take our own transport to see the real Bali through windy roads of mountain towns with cloud forests hugging volcano craters and sacred lonely temples perches on top of peaks and every turn....

...shit. 7mins are up. sigh.. Oliver hates it when I come to the internet places since I take forever typing in my blog or writing to people.. I keep telling him it's not my fault my inbox has 40 emails and his doesn't have as many. He knew he married an extrovet....damnit.


Gado-Gado Kisses!

-Mellington

Ps: will re-edit this blog with pictures asap.

No comments: