Sunday, February 20, 2011

delays and apologies...

hello to all my awesome bloggy blog readers!

I'm sorry that I haven't posted anything for a while... life has just been super busy AND to make matters worse when I finally decided to buy my laptop a new battery the graphics card goes and dies on me 5 days later. i could kill HP right now... ugh...

Note to self... DON"T BUY HP. they are pieces of shit!

and now so I don't end with this and leave you empty handed with an update... here's a little about my time in Bangkok post-Olli....



***************************************************************************


So it’s been a while since I’ve blogged… since Vietnam really. I am now in Bangkok and Oliver has already flown back to Germany. Now my days have been filled with studying for my final gemology exam here in Bangkok, and I must admit I am relieved that our fast-paced travelling has slowed down, but am certainly not thrilled about the fact that my eyes are stuck in a microscope for 8 hours a day and will continue to be until I fly out of this wonderful country next Wed. evening.


After Oliver kissed me goodbye and after I prayed that his baggage allowance wasn’t too overweight I spent a relaxing weekend with my dear friend Pablo (pictured here in a group photo of all of us at the floating markets the day Oliver left…


…..Oooo!! Here is another one of us at the Crocodile farm!

My weekend was spent doing some long over-due working out as well as some lounging by the poolside with pineapple shakes. YUM! Pablo invited me to spend the weekend with him at his place, the Amari Residence. Instead of a hotel or a hostel Pablo decided to spoil himself a bit (and me) by getting a residence (a large studio apartment w/ house keeping and room service… but the room also comes with it’s own fully stocked kitchen and entertainment center!)

I had planned on writing another blog edition this weekend while I was doing nothing but chill-laxin’ however the overdue laziness took over and now we are here.

I must admit I haven’t been the best at keeping a total up-to-date record of my blogs. I’m usually about 7-10 days behind on my writings, which I hope you all can forgive me for, but instead of writing something right now as a re-cap to something that has already past (i.e. the whole Oliver meets the family/Chinese new year event-which I will write next!) I just needed to ramble for a bit…

After spending 2 months every single day with someone it’s weird for them not to be around. I’ll be very happy when I see Oliver again, but at the same time I think we are both happy we are having some time away from eachother as well. He is in Kassel with his friends now and I am here engrossed in my studies.

My days here kinda feel like a race against time. No joke! I have 1.3 weeks to correctly identify 250 gemstones and only after that is complete am I able to attempt to take the final exam. I usually can grade about 42 stones a day which basically puts me at completing everything the day before I fly out of Bangkok…so I only have one day to try and pass the 20 stone final exam. If I pass or fail I am on a flight out of here wed. even. If I fail… I will have to fly to GIA London for another try…. UGH! I don’t want to think about that what so ever…

Anywho, so those are my worries. It makes it even more problematic that this Friday is a freakin’ Buddhist holiday! Double ugh! (Every month in Thailand there is a “Wan Phra” or Monk Day where people take the day off to do to the temple… and this month’s Wan Phra just happens to fall at the worst time for me! ) My days begin at 8am and end at 4:30pm…. Wish me luck and pray that I don’t get more near sighted due to all this eye strain and fiber optic lights w/ spectrometers!

Ok… onto a bit of back blogging now…




I am very excited to head to Munich! A new city in a new country to explore!

No comments: